Websites have had a memorable journey over the last couple of decades. Just have a look at the world's first website and you will know the progress we have made. The first websites were made in HTML. CSS and Flash then made an appearance, changing the way websites look. But the last couple of years have witnessed a new kind of breakthrough – Content Management Systems (CMS).
A website powered by a CMS is like a superhero waiting to unleash its potential. Is your website powered by a CMS? If not, here are 5 reasons why you should opt for a CMS:
- Efficient content management: Assigned users can create content using a WYSIWYG editor, save drafts and publish them whenever they want to. Each page on your website can be updated within a few minutes, whether it's adding images or content. This ensures you save on a lot of money and time. What's more, anybody can make changes to your website without the need for technical interference.
- Incredibly low costs: Most businesses shy away from CMS solutions because they think huge costs are involved. There is no reason to worry about expenses. Major CMS platforms such as Drupal, Joomla and WordPress are open source solutions, which means they are available for free. The only project costs you will have to incur are for hiring the right developers. After the platform is deployed, there are very minimal costs involved in maintaining and running the website.
- Improved scalability: Want to update your technology environment in a couple of years? Worry not! CMS solutions are flexible and scalable enough to take on the most complicated forms of integrations.
- High SEO capabilities: Initially, businesses thought that CMSes hamper SEO functionality. They have never been so wrong! For example, Drupal comes with a number of SEO-friendly modules that allow easy detection by search engines. A lot of Drupal-based sites rank high on search engines.
- Improved customer interaction: From detailed FAQs and contact forms to help sections, CMSes allow you to build customer-friendly user interfaces. You can expect websites that easily strike a chord with your audiences.
So get in touch with a quality solution provider and get a CMS website designed as per your business requirements. Hurry up because there's every chance your competitors already have their own CMS solution!